What is an appropriate time for dating?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIMITATIONS

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:21 pm

ayen05
Bruno Dars wrote:If I have my own child I would let her to date with someone if she already know how to stand on her self. Does it appropriate?

..... at this generation most of the teenagers are eager to explore the most risking part of life which is finding someone that is start in dating. . .
but i only allow my child to have a date with other guy if she already introduce him to the family or maybe a family friend.. at least what ever happened i know whose person i need to contact.. it doesnt matter to me what age she want to go with other but make sure my rules should her follows..sometimes experience gives more learning but to be wise is to learn from others.
thats right ! parents should be well-informed about the partner of their child.

and for the teens: Whether you’re casually hooking up or have been going out for a while now, setting boundaries is an important part of any relationship. To have the healthiest relationship, both partners should know each other’s wants, goals, fears and limits. You should feel comfortable communicating your honest needs to your partner without being afraid of what they might do in response. If your partner tells you that your needs are stupid, gets angry with you or goes against what you’re comfortable with, then your partner is not showing you the respect you deserve.
Talking about your boundaries with your partner is a great way to make sure that each person’s needs are being met and you feel safe in your relationship.
Here are some things to think about when setting boundaries in your relationship:

Emotional


  • The L Word: Saying “I love you” can happen for different people at different times in a relationship. If your partner says it and you don’t feel that way yet, don’t feel bad — you may just not be ready yet. Let your partner know how it made you feel when they said it and tell them your own goals for the relationship.

  • Time Apart: As great as it is to want to spend a lot of time with your partner, remember that it’s important to have some time away from each other, too. Both you and your partner should be free to hang out with friends (of any gender) or family without having to get permission. It’s also healthy to spend time by yourself doing things that you enjoy or that help you relax. You should be able to tell your partner when you need to do things on your own instead of feeling trapped into spending all of your time together.


Physical


  • Take Your Time: Don’t rush it if you’re not ready. Getting physical with your partner doesn’t have to happen all at once if you’re not ready. In a healthy relationship, both partners know how far each other wants to go and they communicate to each other if something changes. There isn’t a rulebook that says you have to go so far by a certain age or at any given time in a relationship, so take things at your own pace.

  • Sex Isn’t Currency: You don’t owe your partner anything. Just because your partner takes you out to dinner, buys you a gift or says “I love you” doesn’t mean you owe them anything in response. It isn’t fair for your partner to claim that you don’t care about them because you won’t “go all the way.” Even if you’ve done it before, you are never required to do it just because your partner is pressuring you. Remember, no means no.


Digital

It can be hard to know where the line between healthy and unhealthy is once a relationship goes online. What are the rules for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat? What should your digital relationship look like?
Before you talk to your partner about your online relationship, check in with yourself to see what makes you feel comfortable. Start by considering your digital boundaries:

  • Is it okay to tag or check in?

  • Do we post our relationship status?

  • Is it okay to friend or follow my friends?

  • When is it okay to text me and what is the expectation for when we return it?

  • Is it okay to use each other’s devices?

  • Is it okay to post, tweet or comment about our relationship?



Last edited by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

FAMILY FIRST!

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:27 pm

erjana wrote:
Krystyl Says wrote:who influences? hmmm , i think Peers may influence a teen's dating life, but parents and families should have the final say. Families can provide support for their teens or add stress to their lives. Early teen girls who date and have parents who continually fight are likely to have low self-esteem. Girls who date early and have strict and emotionally distant parents are likely to be depressed. On the other hand, families can be a great support to their teens. 
For example, teen girls with warm, strong relationships with their mothers and who were not involved in steady dating had higher grades than their romantically involved peers.

I must agree with this statement. Family should be the most responsible person when we are talking about this issue.
YEAAH ! FAMILY FIRST BEFORE YOUR FRIENDS/co.GOSSIP GIRLS ...because when you had problems about that relationship, friends may come and go ,without assurance,that they will help you, but your FAMILY is always there for you, NO MATTER WHAT !
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

PARENT KNOWS BEST !

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:37 pm

a.tabanud1116 wrote:
hmmmm..  I personally believe that you should make the decision for your children based upon your own personal beliefs and an understanding of your teen's emotional and physical development.
indeed! it depends on the parents own norms and perception to their children. 

Most of the time parents know what is best for their children because when parents advice their children, the advice always comes with good intention and from pure heart. They want to see their child the best of all other children. 

Parents stand by their children and support them all the time. I believe parents are one of the keys for the children success because parents give love, support, encouragement and positive impact on their children to move forward.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Xyn wrote:Well, I believe that the time for dating starts with being mature enough---in terms of mind and physical aspect... It's better to be responsible enough rather than wasting your time on some relationship that will never last Smile
I do like your point mam Smile 

Dont be so eager to get into relationship. True love waits.
According to 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

continuation to LIMITATIONS

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Once you know how you feel, you can talk to your partner and create a digital dating agreement between the two of you. Together, you can decide what feels healthy and what doesn’t for each of you. There may be some negotiating and compromising as you figure out an agreement that works for both of you. But if your partner asks you to do something that just doesn’t feel right, or they try to control you in some way, that’s when you get to say that this isn’t healthy to you.
This digital dating agreement can be changed as you continue with your relationship. Just because you felt comfortable with something at the beginning of a relationship doesn’t mean that you have to stick with that forever. You can communicate with your partner if things change. The reverse is also true: there may be something that you’re not ok with at the beginning, but with time and trust, you become comfortable with it. Both you and your partner should feel free to openly talk about your changing needs and wants.
As you think about your digital dating agreement with your partner, consider the following:


  • Passwords are Private: Even if you trust your partner, sharing passwords for your phone and website accounts isn’t always the best idea. Just like you should be able to spend time by yourself, you are entitled to your own digital privacy. Giving your partner access to your Facebook or Twitter allows them to post anything they want without getting your permission first. They can also see everyone that you talk to, which may cause unwarranted jealousy, especially if there isn’t anything going on. Just to be safe, your password(s) should be something that only you know so you always have control of your information.


  • Photos and Sexting: Similarly to your physical boundaries, it’s important to have digital boundaries about what you’re comfortable sending via text message. Once you’ve hit send on a photo or text, you lose control over who sees it. If your partner sexts you and demands that you sext back, you should be able to tell them you aren’t comfortable doing that, and they shouldn’t get angry or threaten you.




Boundaries are all about respect. You and your partner should know what is too far in all aspects of your relationship so that both of you feel safe. Do you have a question about setting boundaries in your own relationship? Call, chat or text us and we’ll talk it out with you.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

STABILITY

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Admin Meann wrote:A person should start dating when he /she has already a stable job and has the capacity to built and support a family, since dating and consequently entering into a relationship is basically a preparation for married life. Dating or finding a lifetime partner should be devotedly prayed for and ask from God and patiently waiting for the answer and obeying it in accordance to the will of God Smile
being "financially stable" is really a necessity before getting into relationship.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Ate Amy on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 pm

honestly... i really don't know what to answer... because exposing a child or your child to this "dating".. means you are half setting her free... age is only one factor of maturity... when temptation comes in... anything could happen... This is why the level of unwanted pregnancy increases... and since it is "unwanted", the result is   another "one broken family".

Ate Amy

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Ate Amy wrote:honestly... i really don't know what to answer... because exposing a child or your child to this "dating".. means you are half setting her free... age is only one factor of maturity... when temptation comes in... anything could happen... This is why the level of unwanted pregnancy increases... and since it is "unwanted", the result is   another "one broken family".
absolutely ! Unwanted pregnancy leads to broken family.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by monde on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:13 pm

it depends upon what children that i will have when i became a parent. If my child is a boy, when he find someone that he likes its ok to date. BUT, if im gonna have a daughter, any assh*le who wants to date my daughter gonna have their asses beaten by me. afro Twisted Evil

monde

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Having a Daughter

Post by Krystyl Says on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

monde wrote:it depends upon what children that i will have when i became a parent. If my child is a boy, when he find someone that he likes its ok to date. BUT, if im gonna have a daughter, any assh*le who wants to date my daughter gonna have their asses beaten by me. afro Twisted Evil
haha ! thats cool sir ! nice plan  Smile  yeaah, we have to be more protective when we are having a daughter. but not too much. but come to think that, Over-protective can lead to rebellion of the child.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by sheri pante on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 pm

If i had a child.. the appropriate time for dating is 18 yrs old above ... because she or he can decide what is the right thing to do and what is wrong. She or he can stand alone ...

sheri pante

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Sera on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 am

I think the appropriate age for dating is around 18+ when it comes to serious relationships. It is when teens look for a more stable relationship and a serious one

Sera

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by arjayarjay on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:11 am

For me no specific age but not too young, as long as they know their limitations and they are responsible enough dealing with love and the dating process.

arjayarjay

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by gemini on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:17 pm

I would prefer my future children to be engage with romantic relationship when they are 19... 19dihan na nila ang mga bagay-bagay.

gemini

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by sanel on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:17 pm

morning daw po sabi ni kuya.. but for me i really don't know because i don't experience such thing.
but maybe someday,i'll prefer to be date in evening because in my perception it is more romantic if we date in evening either if it is family date or date with someone.. hehehehe wrong grammar ako.. Smile

sanel

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by whiskey on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:35 pm

THERE IS NO TIME FOR DATING, AS LONG AS YOU FIND YOUR TRUE LOVE IN MYSTERIOUS WAY, YOU TEND TO FOCUS ON THAT THING AND YOU HAVE NO LONGER TO FOCUS ON ANOTHER THINGS. GET IT? HAHAHA

whiskey

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by antonmae25 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:34 pm

If i have a child bounce
I tell his/her that dating is so early affraid
When you have a crush,first thing to do is knowing each other and for me the appropriate age for this is when he/she know how to stand on his/her self and can decide on his/her own

'I'am I right Question ' cyclops ORAYT lol!

antonmae25

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by jonssen on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:48 pm

hmmm...I just want to know what is a Advantages/Disavantages of Dating Somebody?

jonssen

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Maturity

Post by JustineParas<3 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:00 pm

If i'm the one to be asked, what is the right age to date. Its not about the age its all about knowing your strength, weakness and specially your limitation if you know those things then your matured enough to handle those kind of things or even you feelings, but you must considered this things because some people might be physically mature, which is to say that they are fully physically grown, but don't yet exhibit signs of emotional maturity, such as a willingness to accept responsibility, or maintain poise in serious situations, for a long time afterward.

JustineParas<3

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Marvin DL on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 pm

when you found someone u want to know more about him/her . Just wanting to be close with. To share and bond with. To have conversation with.

Marvin DL

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by barts30 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:02 pm

I think it is a matter of choice, if you want to date someone go and have some fun with her/him but make sure that you really know what are you doing because it will be a big factor to ruin your life especially your relationship with your family. So I guess mid 20's is good enough to start dating because I think those people who are in mid 20's is more matured and their experience is enough to enter this kind of situation or stage of their lives .

barts30

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BACKREAD :)

Post by Krystyl Says on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:09 pm

jonssen wrote:hmmm...I just want to know what is a Advantages/Disavantages of Dating Somebody?
nice question sir, but i just answered that question sir, you may want to backread from the earlier comments Smile thank you ! Godbless
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Krystyl Says on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Marvin DL wrote:when you found someone u want to know more about him/her . Just wanting to be close with. To share and bond with. To have conversation with.
wow Smile nice sharing of thoughts sir, Smile Take care Smile
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Krystyl Says on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:13 pm

barts30 wrote:I think it is a matter of choice, if you want to date someone go and have some fun with her/him but make sure that you really know what are you doing because it will be a big factor to ruin your life especially your relationship with your family. So I guess mid 20's is good enough to start dating because I think those people who are in mid 20's is more matured and their experience is enough to enter this kind of situation or stage of their lives .
yeaaah ! youre absolutely right sir Smile same as with me, I also prefer in 20's too.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Krystyl Says on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:15 pm

JustineParas<3 wrote:If i'm the one to be asked, what is the right age to date. Its not about the age its all about knowing your strength, weakness and specially your limitation if you know those things then your matured enough to handle those kind of things or even you feelings, but you must considered this things because some people might be physically mature, which is to say that they are fully physically grown, but don't yet exhibit signs of emotional maturity, such as a willingness to accept responsibility, or maintain poise in serious situations, for a long time afterward.
yes, you should consider all the aspects being a man before getting into relationship.
avatar
Krystyl Says
Admin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile http://krystylsays.mess.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: What is an appropriate time for dating?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum